Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers.  This day really didn't carry that much significance until I became a Mother.  Sure, I enjoyed acknowledging my mom's on Mother's Day but you don't really "get it" until you become a Mom yourself. 

I am blessed to have had more than one Mom.  I have a biological Mom who made the selfless decision to give me life back in 1973.  I have the most upmost respect for her for making the right decision because we all know she could have made a different choice and well I wouldn't be here writing on my blog.  My adopted Mom, well that's complicated.  All I can say is she did the best she could, and I learned a lot from her, and I probably wouldn't be the person I am today because of her.  She lived a tough life and had many struggles in her life.  She passed away this past year at the age of 60.  Even though she had some shortcomings as a Mother she never lacked in her ability to love me unconditionally, and I love her for that.  Rest in peace Mom!  God also blessed me immensley with a wonderful stepmother who has been in my life since I was 8.  I could not imagine my life without her.  God knew that I would need her to fill in the gaps where my adopted Mom lacked.  God is good that way!  I also can't forget to mention my wonderful mother-in-law.  She is the best!

Now that I am a mother I understand the love mother's have for their children.  It is truly the hardest and most rewarding job ever.  If only their were guidebooks though :)  Now I understand when people would say "I would die for my child."  I get it now because I would do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment