Friday, June 11, 2010

Matthew's IEP

I went to Matthew's 1st ARD meeting yesterday with the school district and overall it went well.  They did his IEP which is an Individualized Education Plan.  Basically his education plan is individualized to what he needs.  Obviously most of goals are to improve his language/communication skills.  He will be officially starting on August 23rd and I have to register him for school.  I have to do all the same things as if he was starting kindergarten.  It is kinda of strange that I am enrolling my 3 year old in school but it will be for the best.  He will be attending Tues, Wed, and Thursdays.  I REALLY WANT MORNINGS, but I may have to settle for afternoons.  They are going to try to get him in the morning class, but I may have to take the afternoon class.  If that is the only thing I have to complain about then I am doing good.  It will be exciting to see how he progesses next year.  I think Matthew will be making a lot of progress this next year.  Watch out everyone, soon Matthew will be talking your ear off.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment