Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Grandma's visit, Halloween, and other updates!

It's so easy to get behind on the blog and before you know it there is so much to update on.  Well Grandma from Del Rio was here recently.  Had a nice visit as usual.   She comes every October for about a week.  She is soooo great with Matthew and Matthew always warms up to her very quickly.  I did have to share her this time around but it was for good reason.  My stepbrother and his wife just had a baby boy name Jayce.  He is such a cutie and a good baby and she spent a few days with him.  We managed to get some time to ourselves, went to church and got to go to the pumpkin patch so we did get a lot done.  She will be back in Feb. after Luke arrives (yeaaaa!!!).

Had a good Halloween.  Attempted to make a fire hydrant costume for Matthew and lets just say it was a big flop.  I was one dissapointed mamma.  Matthew has been into fire hydrants since before he was 2 and it is showing no signs of slowing down.  He would have made a great fire hydrant.  Oh well, maybe next year.  Dad had to go out at 9:30 at night to Walmart to find another costume because Matthew needed it the next day.  Thanks Mark :)  He brought him back a doctor costume which worked out great.   Matthew had a Halloween party on Friday at his preschool and Halloween night we had a Fall Festival/trunk or treat at our church which was a lot of fun.   He really doesn't get the whole concept of Halloween just yet, but he definitely understands what the candy is :)

The pregnancy is going very well.  I am 25 weeks.  YIKES!  I am more than half way there.  So far no problems.  Luke moves around a lot and seems to be growing well.  It really isn't reality that I will be having another baby but the reality doesn't really set in until the baby is actually in your arms and then it is panic time.  I am scrambling to finish my medical transcription course.  I have to be done by 12/31 or else I have to reenroll which isn't an option.  I am almost done so it shouldn't be a problems meeting the deadline.  I am hoping to have 4 to 6 weeks before Luke arrives to get some stuff done around the house.  There is a lot to do before Luke arrives.

My latest nephew!

At the pumpkin patch with momma

At the pumpkin patch with Grandma

Carving the pumpkin with Dada

It's a pumpkin!

Paging Doctor Matthew

Yummy sucker
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment