Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Long overdue update

I have waited too long to update, considering that I haven't updated in over 2 months. All is well here. We made it through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and we are well into the new year. 2013 here we come. This is the year I turn 40. YIKES! 40 just sounds old. I remember when my parents were 40. I am still 39 until September so I will try to enjoy it. The holidays went great. The only holiday I had to work was New Years Day which was no biggie to me. I only have to work 1 "major" holiday per year since I am part-time which isn't too bad. It's just the reality of being a nurse that you will have to work some holidays. Hospitals never close (thank goodness :) Well, obviously I returned to work. I ended up being off close to 14 weeks which seemed like a long time. I did enjoy my time off, but it was nice to get back to work for my 2 day a week "mommy break" :) We are still busy as ever. We have 28 babies. Remember we are only a 23 bed unit, but they did open up an 8 bed continuing care nursery upstairs, but that's just really a bandaid until they can build us a bigger unit. Not sure when that will be but hopefully soon. The boys are doing great. Matthew seems to be doing well at school. He is doing great with learning his letter sounds. He is always singing the letter sound songs that he learns from school. Lukey is still cute as ever. He will be 2 next month. Yes, you heard right Lukey will be 2. Joshy is growing up fast. Already 4 months. He has his 4 month well visit this week. He is about 15-16 pounds know. Such a big boy. Well I am going to quit writing because I have a TON of pictures to upload. Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment