Friday, April 1, 2011

Long overdue update

Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Yes, Luke did arrive on Feb. 20th at 1:58 pm.  I was induced at 41 weeks because the little guy just wouldn't come on his own.  I was 4 cm when I got to the hospital so obviously my body was doing something but not enough.  The induction went smooth and was a lot faster than with Matthew.  I only pushed for about 10 to 15 minutes compared to 2 hours with Matthew so that was great.  It definitely made the recovery much easier.  Luke weighed in at 8# 7 oz and was perfectly healthy.  I went home in 2 days and everything has been much easier the 2nd time around.  I had such a hard time with Matthew.  Let's just say I had some significant and extended "baby blues."  Don't get me wrong I have had some challenging and stressful moments these past few weeks but overall I am coping much better.  Luke will already be 6 weeks this Sunday.  He is doing well.  He started smiling at 4 weeks and he is eating well and sleeping fairly well.  He is sleeping very well at night.  He likes to fight sleep during the day which can be frustrating but Matthew did the exact same thing so I can deal with it better this time and I know it will pass.  He looks a lot like Matthew and his eating and sleeping habits so far are very similar to Matthew.  Matthew is doing okay with Baby Luke.  He does like him and is interested in him but he hates it when Luke cries so that is an issue because babies cry and sometimes there is nothing you can do about it. 

I will post more pictures when I figure out where the camera is.  The picture above is Luke at 1 month.  My sister-in-law took that pic. 

Oh, and we have chickens.  Mark built a chicken coop and we have 6 chickens.  There are actually kinda of cute :)

Blessings,
Betsey

No comments:

Post a Comment