Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summer is here!

All is well around here. Summer has arrived and Matthew will be a 1st grader. Hard to believe! He made it through Kindergarten. Yay!!! He did have his testing at Scottish Rite at the end of April and we go back on June 9th for results. Eager to hear what they have to say.

Kim and I went to Chicago. We have been best friends since the 9th grade so basically a really long time. She has 4 kids of her own and we both turned 40 recently so this was a trip for us to reconnect and take a break from our responsibilities as Moms. It was a very needed break. She lives in Fort Wayne, IN and has lived there for the past 4 years or so. She used to live here. It's hard being so far away, but we make do. We had a GREAT time. We loved Chicago. We had a beautiful hotel with a FABULOUS view of Lake Michigan. Basically we just ate, talked, and shopped and walked everywhere. There was so much to see and do.

I start back at Children's this week. I was there yesterday for computer stuff. I start on the unit Wed. night. So far I am feeling pretty good about it. Sure I am nervous and hoping the anxiety doesn't kick in too much, but I am really hopeful that things will work out this time. I am only orienting for about a month and the schedule just seems more manageable this time. There is so many factors that come into play as to why it is just better timing than last time. My manager at MCA took my resignation well. She tried to convince me to stay on several occasions. She was even willing to go to HR and ask for more money if that was going to get me to stay. I told her it was not the money. She understood and still says that anytime I want to come back to let her know. I will miss MCA, but I feel that this is the right decision for me right now.

We booked our condo at Gulf Shores. Sooooooooo excited. I LOVE the beach and feel so blessed that we can take this trip again. We went last year for the 1st time and plan to return every year. We love Gulf Shores. The rates on the condos are very reasonable. We didn't get quite as good as a rate as last year, but still a good deal. We will go mid August so that gives us something to look forward to all Summer!

Sorry no pictures this time. I got a new iphone and my computer isn't recognizing the pictures for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment