Thursday, August 26, 2010

1st week at Preschool Language Class (PLC)

Well the 1st week went well.  No problems.  He didn't mind being dropped off at all.  They have snack right when they get there so I just bring his breakfast with him and he can eat it at school.  It hasn't been too bad getting up early and getting him to school.  It is actually great for me because it forces me to get up and get ready and I do have to admit I am enjoying the free time in the morning. 

His teacher and teacher's aide seem great so far.  Once everyone gets settled in the speech therapist will start coming about 2/week to do speech therapy.  It will be a "group session" for now which is fine with me for now.  That's usually how it works in the school district unless you request otherwise.  I think for Matthew the best therapy is just being around other kids.  Every 6 weeks I will get a progress report on how he is doing, sort of like a report card but of course he won't be receiving actual grades.  I do kinda wish he could go 5 days a week but the reality is I have to work some so it just isn't an option.  Oh well.

Enjoy the pic!  Yes, we have already found the "da di di's" at his school :)  I haven't had a chance to take any other pictures yet.  When I do I will post them.

Until next time,

Betsey

No comments:

Post a Comment