Friday, August 20, 2010

Meet the teacher night!

Well I went to "meet the teacher night" at Matthew's school.  As most of you know he will be attending a preschool language class (PLC) 3 days a week from 7:45-11:00 a.m. starting next week.  It is with our local public school district.  When I first drove up I was a little overwhelmed because the parking lot was a zoo.  There were cars and people everywhere.  It was obvious that it was "meet the teacher night" for every grade.  Once I found his class all was well.  His teacher (Miss Smith) seems like she is going to be great.  She is very outgoing and enthusiastic.  She had a shirt on that said "PLC Rocks" and she said that "her PLC kids" are the best kids in the whole school.  I think it is safe to say at this point that she is passionate about her job and "her PLC kids."  It does feel a little strange that my 3-year-old is starting school.  It really doesn't feel like "real school" yet.  Its not like he will have homework (at least I hope not) :)  He will only be there for about 3 hours but looks like it will be full of activities and structure and of course fun.  It will be good for Matthew.  Yes, he is making a lot of progress in his language but he still has a ways to go and this class is here to help him do that.  I think there will be about 8 or so kids in his class and they range in age from 3 to 5. 

I will update after his 1st week. 

Blessings,
Betsey

No comments:

Post a Comment