Thursday, August 12, 2010

Had a 2nd ultrasound!

I decided to go forth with the 1st trimester screening with this pregnancy.  What it entails is an ultrasound between 11 and 13 weeks and bloodwork. I did debate whether this extra testing was necessary because regardless we would be continuing the pregnancy and it wouldn't change anything but I decided I would rather be prepared just in case something was wrong.  Since I am "advanced maternal age" the risks are a little bit higher for chromosomal abnormalities.  If something did show up concerning then they would recommend further testing and do more frequent ultrasounds to monitor the baby closer.  The ultrasound is done with a high-risk doctor and we had that done yesterday and everything so far looked great.  The baby is measuring right on target for 13 weeks and he didn't see anything concerning at this point.  We still have to wait for the bloodwork and of course we will still be getting the 20-week ultrasound.  Some doctor's are making gender predictions at these early ultraounds so of course I had to ask what his "prediction/guess" was.  Of course he said it is too early to say with certainity but he thinks there is "something sticking out" so maybe a boy :)  Yep, possibly another boy.  I would be thrilled with that.  We will know for sure at the 20-week ultrasound. 

Feeling pretty good most days but I do have days where I just feel "blah."  It is soooooo hot right now too so it is pretty much impossible to get outside and do anything.  I really want to start walking again but it is just too hot.  I am so ready for Fall.  I hope it comes early this year.

Blessings,
Betsey

No comments:

Post a Comment